I started an Ignition project and module development company on the 28th of April 2014 called Perfect Abstractions.
I provide a range of Ignition and software related services including teaching Ignition, Ignition project development and Ignition module development.
For the last 5 years I have been using Inductive Automation's Ignition software and related software products to help companies solve business problems.
I am particularly good at customizing Ignition to shape solutions to fit needs of clients. If Ignition can do 100 things out of the box I can make it do 1000 things. This customization is done largely through scripting in the Python programming language or creating new Ignition modules to extend the functionality of Ignition.
I am a GOLD certified Inductive Automation integrator. I received GOLD certification from Inductive Automation because of my experience and skill with Ignition.
I help people with Ignition on Inductive Automation's forum. My forum ID is nmudge.
I implemented an Ignition module called the SECS/GEM module. The SECS/GEM Module enables Ignition projects and third-party applications to communicate with semiconductor manufacturing equipment. The SECS/GEM module is for sale on Inductive Automation's module marketplace.
Here are some of the projects I have worked on. I used Ignition to implement all of them:
- I was the lead implementer for a large process control system.
- I was the lead implementer of a recipe management system.
- I implemented an HMI system for operators on a factor floor. This system also included logging data from PLCs and storing various data in a database. The information was used for graphing and generating reports.
- I implemented a tank inventory system which worked with a PLC program to transfer and track various substances between tanks.
- I did various work on a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system implemented in Ignition.
- I implemented an Ignition Module that integrated Ignition with Quickbooks.
- I implemented an Ignition Module that allowed bulk operations on components, such as adding custom properties and scripts to multiple components at the same time.
- I added new functionality to the Click to Graph project that exists for download here: http://inductiveautomation.com/downloads/extras. I also added Click to Graph functionality to a customer's project.
- I helped customize a particular MES system through scripting and database work.
I have also been a web developer. My most notable work was programming most of www.gamasutra.com.
I am also a hobbyist programmer, interested in learning things covering all aspects of software development, learning different programming languages, operating systems etc.
If you have any questions email me: email@example.com
13 September 2014
I wish to discuss a technical review of a system.
The key issues appear to be the use of 2 different types of PLC Siemens Logo (modbus) and S7-300(OPC) and issues relating to getting data from both into a usable form.
9 January 2015
We have a project that needs module development assistance. IA recommended you as their staff is unable to assist us.
Please contact me at either my email above or call me at 512 377 6969.
All the best,
Vice President - Account Director